This section covers topics on functional programming (FP) in Python. Here is a list of the articles.
- Introduction to functional programming - an overview of functional programming in Python.
- Iterators - an introduction to iterators, iterables and lazy evaluation.
- Iterators vs iterables - the difference between an iterable and an iterator.
- Built-in functions on iterables - an overview of the functions built in to Python for transforming, reducing and converting iterables.
- Transforming iterables - details of the built-in functions for transforming iterables - mao, filter, zip and others.
- Map/reduce example - a practical example of the map/reduce pattern.
- Generators - using generators to easily create your won iterators.