Martin McBride, 2021-03-02
Tags game development
pygame is an easy to use game development library for Python. It provides facilities for handling graphics, sound and user input (from keyboard, mouse or joystick), and many utilities to make game development easier.
- Easy to create games and multimedia applications.
- Uses 2D graphics, with good support for sprites, partiuclarly good for arcade style games.
- Supports sound, inclduin mixing multiple sounds at the same time.
- Supports keyboard, mouse or joystick.
- Fast - based on Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) which is a multi-platform C library.
- Cam be integrated with OPenGL fopr 3D games.